Tesla Model 3s are excellent cars for many reasons, but having a wide range of color options is not one of them. If you own a Model 3 and want to give it a fresh look, wrapping it can be a great way to do so. But what exactly does that mean and how much does it cost to wrap a Model 3?
Tesla Model 3 requires vinyl wrap, which comes in colors and textures like gloss, matte, brushed, or satin. The cost of wrapping a Tesla Model 3 depends on whether you hire a professional or a do-it-yourselfer. Professional installations cost $4000-$8000, while a do-it-yourself wrap installation costs less than $3000.
Read on for a complete guide to wrapping a Model 3. I'll cover everything you need to know for both professional and DIY installations, from choosing wraps and installers to the steps for doing it yourself. Let's dive right in!
- Why you should wrap your Tesla Model 3
- Tesla Model 3 Wrap Guide
- What type of casing should I choose for my Model 3?
- What color should I wrap my Tesla Model 3?
- How much does it cost to wrap a Tesla?
- Which wrap installer should I use?
- Can I do a DIY wrap on my model 3?
Why you should wrap your Tesla Model 3
If you're new to the world of car wrapping, it's worth taking a moment to figure out what it is and why you should do it. Car wrapping is when colored vinyl wrap is placed over a car to give it a new color and look.
- It's convenient. Wrapping the car is usually less expensive than painting. The lower cost allows you to change the look of your car more often than if you had painted it.
- There are a variety of wrapping options. There are different types of wraps you can use and different finishes, allowing you to customize the aesthetics of your car to suit your preferences. The most popular wrap finishes are gloss, matte, and satin.
- You can quickly wrap a car. While painting your car can take a few days, you can finish wrapping your car in hours.
Wrapping is especially great for Teslas because they usually come in stock colors, leaving you with limited ways to spice them up without breaking the bank. You can wrap a Model 3 at a professional installer or try to do it at home. If you choose the do-it-yourself route, be sure to follow your owner's manual (especially the cleaning guidelines) to avoid damage or snags.
Tesla Model 3 Wrap Guide
69-0555 MAXGEAR Tie Rod for ,IVECO
Spare parts/Accessories/Vintage Cars"BUFFER BAFFO VOLKSWAGEN MAGGIOLINO"cc.1200 L/1971
Alfa Romeo 156 2.0JTS 122kw 2004 Berlina Jack Spare Tires Accessory Kit
MERCEDES-BENZ VITO W447 Spare Wheel Top Cover Trim A4474030044 NEW OEM
AUTOFREN SEINSA D31065A Accessory Kit, parking brake shoes for FIAT,OPEL,VAUXHAL
GATES TVD1159A BELT PULLEY, CRANKSHAFT FOR MERCEDES-BENZ
Hazard warning light switch DT Spare Parts 1.21527 Hazard warning light switch Switch
BOSCH 0 433 172 244 Nozzle
Bosch Pure/Lt W21/5W 12V 21/5W W3X16Q 1987302252
AUTOFREN SEINSA D31042A Accessory Kit, brake shoes for FIAT
2pcs Car Lighter Plug Cover Replacement Accessories 12V
AUTOFREN SEINSA D3986A Accessory Kit, parking brake shoes for SUBARU
MAXGEAR 72-1663 LINK SET, WHEEL SUSPENSION FRONT AXLE LEFT,FRONT AXLE RIGHT FOR
Brand New Auto Accessories Pump 16146756323 Replacement Black
54-0008 MAXGEAR ALTERNATOR FREEWHEEL CLUTCH FOR MERCEDES-BENZ
MAXGEAR 69-0555 Tie Rod for IVECO
6R0863241AF CENTRAL TUNNEL VOLKSWAGEN POLO 1.0 44KW 5P B 5M (2015) USA REPLACEMENT
Here's a breakdown of everything you need to know about Model 3 wraps, key decisions, and frequently asked questions.
What type of casing should I choose for my Model 3?
You should choose a glossy, matte, brushed or satin casing for your Model 3 depending on your preferences, surroundings and other factors.
14.500,00 EURUSED CAR - FIAT PUNTO EVO 2011 NOT DRIVING
1.000,00 EURCITROEN 2CV ASI RUBBERS NEW DISCS + NEW BRAKE PADS REVISION 2019
15.000,00 EURJeep Grand Cherokee LIMITED 2.5 TD Year 1998 VM engine
7.900,00 EUR33100 SA0 744 Front optic Civic 83/85 ORIGINAL NEW
200,00 EURPEUGEOT citroen AIRBAG CONTROL MODULE 61079230 KL344
3.300,00 EURFiat Fiorino cargo 1.3 multijet 80 hp - 2018
7.800,00 EURFIAT ABARTH 850 TC Nurburgring
47.000,00 EURToyota Aygo car year 2006. Full optional 90.000 km.
Here's a breakdown of each type of wrap and when you might want to choose them:
- Glossy casing. Applying a gloss wrap to your Model 3 will give it a professional paint-like finish. You can also choose to apply metallic accents to a car that has been covered in high gloss paint, adding an extra layer of personalization to it.
- opaque involvement. A matte wrapper looks elegant and minimalistic. Opaque wraps don't reflect light, so it's best to use an opaque wrap in low-light areas.
- Brushed casing. Brushed wraps add a textured look to your car. Typically, they look like your car has been brushed with a textured brush making the finish uneven but aesthetically pleasing.
- Satin wrap. A satin wrap gives your car a shiny, shimmery finish. Satin reflects light, so it's best in warmer climates.
What color should I wrap my Tesla Model 3?
You should choose the wrap color based on the area and climate you live in, your lifestyle, the purpose of the car, and your aesthetic preferences. In general, your choices will be split between darker and lighter colors.
Here are some tips on how to choose the color of wrap you want:
- Darker colors. You should choose darker colors if you are in a colder country because they absorb heat better. Darker colors are also ideal if you live in areas that tend to get dusty or dirty. Some of the darker colors you might consider are black, navy blue, dark green, or dark gray.
- Lighter colors. If you live in a warmer climate, consider lighter colors as they reflect light to keep your car cool. Some of the more popular lighter colors include light blue, white, and pale gray.
How much does it cost to wrap a Tesla?
Wrapping a Tesla Model 3 can cost anywhere between $4000 and $8000 if you hire a professional. On the other hand, it costs less than $3000 to wrap a Tesla at home.
If you choose to do it yourself, make sure you do it right. Fixing a botched wrap job can be expensive.
Which wrap installer should I use?
Use Exotic Vehicle Wraps and My Tesla Wraps if your location permits. If you are unable to access either of these two service providers, explore the best local installers.
Here is a breakdown of why I recommend My Tesla Wrap and Exotic Vehicle Wraps.
My Tesla casing
As the name suggests, My Tesla Wrap focuses on wrapping your tesla, ensuring expert service. The service provider has a wing that focuses on vinyl wraps for Tesla Model 3 cars. They use high-quality vinyl wraps and offer a range of customization and art services, allowing you to give your Tesla a truly unique look.
- They offer a wide range of customizations. My Tesla Wrap can wrap your Tesla in gloss, satin and matte. To add to your Tesla's unique design, the service provider can also install chrome trim, painted brake calipers, and window teeth.
- Concierge service is also available. My Tesla Wrap will collect your vehicle from you and bring it to their workshop for service. Once the service is finished, he will return your car to you.
- The guarantee is provided. When the My Tesla team works on your car, you get a two-year installation warranty that you can cash in if the wrap starts to peel.
It's also worth noting that My Tesla Wrap offers services in various states, including:
- New York
Wraps for exotic vehicles
Exotic Vehicle Wraps offers a range of car wrapping and painting services. It has a specific service that focuses on tesla modifications, including ceramic coating, painting and wrapping.
It also offers a range of different wrapping options which include:
- Color flip
This service provider also offers exciting textures for a fun twist, including carbon fiber and titanium. However, the options you have will depend on your location.
Exotic Vehicle Wraps has operations in several US states, including Virginia, Maryland and Washington. A full wrap will cost upwards of $4999 depending on the style of wrap you choose.
Can I do a DIY wrap on my model 3?
You can do a DIY wrap on your Model 3 if you don't want to use an installer. However, you will need to allocate enough time, prepare your car, and go through a step-by-step process to wrap your Tesla without damaging it. We advise you to ensure that you select appropriate packaging products for Tesla.
This section explores everything you need to know to wrap a DIY pattern 3.
What type of vinyl should I choose for my Tesla?
One of the most important decisions you'll want to make well when wrapping your Model 3 is choosing high-quality materials. There are several types of vinyl wraps, including calendar vinyl, cast vinyl, and protective vinyl.
Here's a breakdown of what you need to know about each type of vinyl:
How to DIY a wrap on your Tesla
Once you've chosen the right type of vinyl, the next step is the actual wrap. For this, you'll need the following tools and supplies:
- One 25-foot (7,6-meter) roll of 60-inch (150-centimeter) vinyl
- Grease and wax remover
- A car cleaner
- 70-90% isopropyl alcohol
- Lint-free cloths
- Thermal gun
- Infrared thermometer
- Utility knife
- Cotton wrap gloves
Once you've gathered everything you need, proceed to DIY wrapping your Tesla using the following step-by-step guide:
What wraps should you use to wrap your Model 3?
If you are wrapping your Tesla at home, you should make sure you get the best quality vinyl wraps. I would recommend VViViD Vinyl Wrap Film for those looking for a protective vinyl wrap and VINYL FROG Chameleon Car Vinyl Wrap for lovers of matte wraps.
That's why I think each wrap (both available on Amazon.com) is a great option.
- VViViD Vinyl Wrap Film. This is a thin, clear vinyl that will protect your Tesla from scratches, dirt, and other damage for 4-7 years. More importantly for the do-it-yourselfers, it comes with an easy-to-follow installation manual. It's also designed to be easily removed, making it easy to correct any mistakes you might make along the way.
- VINYL FROG Chameleon Car Vinyl Wrap. This vinyl wrap creates an excellent matte finish reminiscent of a high quality paint job. It can last up to 7 years and is applied to both flat and serviced surfaces. You can also use this wrap on other devices such as laptops, phones and even mobile making it excellent value for money.
Wrapping your Model 3 is a great way to change the look of your car. You can take your Tesla to an installer or wrap it at home. Keep in mind that you should pay close attention to the type of vinyl, color and texture you choose.