With the expansion of the factories of Tesla production in the world, it can be useful know where the car was built from the chassis number or VIN. In this in-depth look, we will see how to read VIN Tesla and what information can be obtained about the characteristics of the car.
WHERE TESLA CARS ARE BUILT: THE GIGA FACTORIES IN OPERATION TODAY
KNOW WHERE A TESLA WAS BUILT BY THE CHASSIS NUMBER
To know where a Tesla was built by chassis number (VIN), just read the alphanumeric code which is found, as well as on the documents, at the base of the windscreen and on the central pillar, at the bottom, on the driver's side. The Tesla plant building of the car is indicated by the 11th digit, precisely immediately before the sequence from 12^ to 17^ which identifies the single frame. Here's what the letters attributed to the factory mean:
- R, Texas;
- F, California;
- N, Nevada;
- B, Berlin;
- C, Shanghai.
WHAT THE TESLA CHASSIS NUMBER (VIN) SYMBOLS MEAN
- 1-3 identify the manufacturer;
- 4, the model (S, X, 3, Y, etc.);
- 5, the body and the doors;
- 6, i devices passenger restraint;
- 7, fuel (can only be E for Electric);
- 8, how many electric motors there are according to the equipment (Single Motor, Dual Motor Standard and Performance and Tri Motor);
- 9, code of identification interior of the Builder;
- 10, year of production (N 2022 – P 2023).