TESLA VALET MODE: HOW IT WORKS
– the maximum speed is limited to 113 km/h;
– Power and acceleration are reduced;
– Front and rear luggage compartment cannot be opened;
– Voice commands are deactivated;
– The "Home" and "Work" destinations are not visible from the navigator;
– Connectivity is limited (key list obscured, user profile cannot be viewed, wifi and Bluetooth inactive and Access to the App prevented).
HOW TO ACTIVATE VALET MODE
All the functions of the Tesla Valet Mode can be easily activated in various ways, but there are obviously some precautions to remember. How to activate Valet Mode? It can be done via Touchscreen or via App.
– Activate Valet Mode via Touchscreen. With the gear selector in Park, access the driver profile at the top of the touchscreen and select "Valet Mode". When the Valet mode is activated for the first time, you must enter the 4-digit PIN code to be used also later to cancel.
– Activate the Valet Mode via the App. With the same previous methods.
HOW TO DISABLE VALET MODE
If you want deactivate the Tesla Valet mode the car must always be in Park. Then just tap on the “Valet Mode” display and enter your 4-digit PIN code. Sometimes you don't remember your Tesla PIN. In this case, simply set up a new one using your Tesla Account by logging into the App on your smartphone. In reality it is also more immediate and easier to cancel the Valet mode from the App since no PIN is needed. What must be remembered when activating the Tesla Valet mode? It is inadvisable to do it when the car is used for towing something through the hook: in this condition, in fact, the limited torque could create situations of difficulty when driving and going uphill.