It is most likely that it is hot, you have just bought a new vehicle and you want to use one of the most valuable features of your Tesla Model 3, the air conditioning!
On most cars, turning on the air conditioning is not a complicated action to perform, but today we are going to look at this manipulation which although common can be a little technical for beginners. So we'll find out how to turn on the air conditioning on a Tesla Model 3? First, we will find out how it works, then how to turn on the air conditioning on your Tesla Model 3, and finally we will give you some tips on how to use it.
How does air conditioning work on Tesla Model 3?
The air conditioning of your Tesla Model 3 works very identical to that of your family refrigerator, the fact is that it works with a compressor and refrigerant gas system which, depending on its condition (liquid or gas), will emit cold. This system works in a closed loop. Here are the main components that will make your Tesla Model 3's air conditioning work properly:
- The compressor: It is the main component of your air conditioner, it controls the pressure in your circuit and will control the circulation of fluids in the circuit.
- The capacitor: this small coil has as its main objective, like a radiator, to reduce the temperature of the gas and bring it back to a liquid condition (55 degrees).
- The air blower and the evaporator: The heater fan will subject the pressurized liquid to a high temperature which will cause it to convert directly into gas and during this passage it will produce cold which will be sent into the passenger compartment by the evaporator.
In practice, this device operates in a closed circuit, and by creating variations in temperature and pressure, the refrigerant gas can change its state, causing the production of heat or cold. You now know how the air conditioning in your Tesla Model 3 works.
How do you turn on the air conditioning on Tesla Model 3?
Now let's move on to the section that interests you the most. how to turn on the air conditioning on Tesla Model 3? While this process isn't difficult for most of you, it would be a shame not to take advantage of it because you don't know how to turn it on.
Manually turn on the air conditioning on Tesla Model 3
There are two types of air conditioning on Tesla Model 3, the manual air conditioning and the automatic air conditioning, we will start with the more frequent of the two, the manual air conditioning, this style of the air conditioning on Tesla Model 3 is what we could call the economic one. Indeed, it will not give you access to many options, but you will already have the ability to freshen the air inside your car. You can simply select the ventilation power and temperature of the air your system blows. To turn on the air conditioning of your Tesla Model 3, you will need to turn on the A/C button of your Tesla Model 3, then set the ventilation and temperature of your Tesla Model 3.
Turn on the automatic climate control on a Tesla Model 3
Finally, we'll see how to turn on automatic air conditioning on tesla model 3. Although the methodology is very identical to manual air conditioning, there are some additional options that will allow you benefit from refreshing air with a lot more comfort. Unlike manual air conditioning, automatic air conditioning allows you to select the temperature you wish to have in the cabin and the system self-regulates to reach it. Additionally to the automatic climate control, you often have the option of using the "Bi-Zone" feature, which gives you the chances of choosing different temperatures according to the zones of your Tesla Model 3. To activate the automatic climate control in your Tesla Model 3, you will have to just turn on the A/C button on your ventilation device, then select the temperature you want to reach and operate the air conditioning on your Tesla Model 3.
Some tips on how to use the air conditioning in your Tesla Model 3
Finally, last section of our document, now that you have learned how to turn on the air conditioning on your Tesla Model 3, we will give you some practical advice to improve the use of your air conditioning and maintain it:
- When you get into your Tesla Model 3 that has been left in the sun, open the windows first as you do so for the air conditioning to remove excess hot air before closing them again to operate the air conditioning.
- In winter, you can use your air conditioner to remove the fog from the tiles, thanks to its air dehumidifier, it will be more effective than your heating system.
- Turn off the air conditioning in your Tesla Model 3 5 minutes before turning off the engine to preserve the air conditioning compressor and avoid damp smells in the cabin. In the event that you have identified unpleasant odors caused by the air conditioning in your Tesla Model 3, do not be reluctant to browse our article content on this topic
- Turn on your Tesla Model 3's air conditioning regularly, even in winter, to keep it efficient.
- Don't set the air conditioning too far from the outside temperature or you could get sick. Also, don't project the airflow directly onto your face, but rather onto your arms or chest.
If you have any more questions about the Tesla Model 3, feel free to check out our Tesla Model 3 category.