Tesla he updated his again european configurator (also the Chinese one) and this time there is news for the Autopilot. No price increase but the American manufacturer has returned to offer the advanced features within two distinct packages. It had already done so in the past but between price changes and other variations it is difficult to keep track of all the changes. In Spain, therefore, the package "Advanced Autopilot" or that of the "Autonomous driving to its fullest potential". Prices are, respectively, from 3.800 € and 7.500 €. Let's summarize briefly what these distinct packages offer.
- Navigation with Autopilot function: automatic guidance in motorway junction management, including intersections and overtaking slower cars
- Auto Lane Change: Automatic lane changes while driving on the highway
- Autopark: parallel and perpendicular parking
- Summon: parking and automatic recovery of the vehicle
Autonomous driving to its fullest potential:
- As required by Enhanced Autopilot
- Recognition and response to traffic lights and stop signs
- Automated driving on city roads (coming in the future)
Tesla did not provide any explanation as to why this was the case. One can try to imagine that in Europe, both for the limitations on the use of the Autopilot and for the price, the option that offers all the functions did not achieve great commercial success. In this way, the manufacturer can now offer customers all the most important semi-autonomous driving functions that can be used today at a much lower price.
Difficult to understand if it is a definitive choice or if this distinction will remain only for a while, perhaps until the new Autopilot that Tesla is currently testing in America with some customers, will not be offered to everyone. It is worth noting that this novelty concerns the Tesla Model S, Model X and Model 3. For the Model Y, however, the single package remains at 7.500 euros.