Elon Musk has often said that it is extremely difficult to build and sustain an auto company, let alone an electric car company. They laid out their corporate mission which in part was to “create a low-volume car, which would necessarily be expensive”. They are now able to reduce their prices of their low-end models, but they seem to be only increasing. So why are Teslas so expensive?
Tesla originally targeted the high-end market. Now Teslas are in great demand, which allows them to push the price up. They have one of the best battery and autopilot systems on the market. Teslas can be relatively affordable when you consider how much money you'll save in the long run.
This is a very simple explanation. To get the full picture you should take your time to read the complete article below. Check it out and let me know what you think!
- What makes Tesla so expensive
- The supply and demand of electric vehicles
- The complicated battery technology used
- The use of quality materials in their construction
- All of Tesla's research and design is done in-house
- A longer vehicle life expectancy
- The use of cutting-edge technologies in their vehicles
- What you can expect to pay for Tesla in the future
- How much is the cheapest Tesla car?
- How long does a Tesla last?
What makes Tesla so expensive
Tesla has been known for their advanced smart car technology since their release in 2008. However, they have also become known as extremely expensive over the years. So you might find yourself wondering why exactly this line of electric vehicles is so expensive.
So let's take a quick look at the most popular models of Tesla vehicles and how much they cost: